Sunday, July 4, 2010

Humidity,Buckles, Magazines

Just one minute ago I escaped the 85 degree living room to the beautifully chilly bedroom! It felt as if I was being hit by a blast of Arctic air. The relief! 

It looks like it is back to sweating weather! I've always had a aversion to humidity. Even as a baby I would sweat more than most would think humanly possible for something so small. Alas,it is true. The past five or six days have been outstanding, weather wise. Sunny and in the mid to upper 70s. Back to sweating.I am jealous of those woman who can manage to look effortlessly beautiful and put together in the summer. How is this possible when the weather can be described as feeling like a "wet wool blanket"? Dreaming of sweaters,apple cider,and raking leaves!

The blueberries this time of the year are beautiful and yummy! I made a super simple and totally delicious blueberry buckle this afternoon. A buckle is kinda like a crisp and a cake rolled into one! Yummers!It was good plain,but next time I will serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
 
In the battle between myself and my junk belongings,I scored a small victory. I purged 40 magazines from my collection today. I am personally doing my part to support the magazine industry. Love magazines. I started with Seventeen and YM magazine and now happily page through Good Housekeeping and Country Living. Those buggers seem to multiply  pile up at an alarming rate.It felt good to get that stack of magazines down to 20 or so articles/recipes that I will store in binders for later. Speaking of those binders,I need to go through those too. Humph! Will this battle over junk ever be won?

This week has been such hell. I don't wish to go into details, but I don't ever want another week like it again! Enough about that!

Tomorrow we have church. In the afternoon I plan to make some cookies for my work bakesale! Made some cutesy tags to decorate the bags with! Yay! Will share those later!
Have a wonderful 4th of July everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh now that looks yummy. Please share the recipe. You can even email it to me :)
    Sorry about your really sucky week, hoping this week is better.
    I am a magazine junkie too. I narrowed it down to one or 2 magazines now, after I went through and purged mine :)

    ReplyDelete