Friday, September 5, 2008

Thank Goodness for Venting and Boundaries!


I've been in a Toddler class for 3 weeks. Fourteen 2 year olds! Ahhhhhhhhh! I work for a childcare franchise in Ohio! We have five schools in the Cincinnati area! One of our schools has had a lot of teachers leave in the past month...yet we are enrolling children so quickly! So I've been helping out in a Toddler classroom. Ok....I've been teaching in a Toddler classroom! I love children and I don't mind helping out, but these past weeks have really been too much! I've been working crazy hours. Most days I worked 7:30am to 6:00/6:30pm. That is a long day of being with children. There wasn't much communcation with the managment of this particular school. Like I said, I don't mind helping out, but I was never asked if I mind staying late. I was never asked if I had any other work to do. So today...I finally stood up for myself and told them that I couldn't help this afternoon, that I had a meeting and some work to get done! I felt guilty. I always feel guilty when I know peopole need help, and I just can't help. I think I need to read the Boundaries book again! :D

So after our summer camp meeting I had a check in/vent session with my boss!! I love my boss! She rocks! She gets me! She tells it like it is! She doesn't take any crap! She is so encouraging!! I didn't need her to do anything about the way I was treated the last three weeks, All I needed was to just verbalize it and have someone listen! Thanks!
Michael and I are planning on going to the Oktoberfest tomorrow in Covington! Can't wait! I will post pictures tomorrow!
Ciao,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment