Saturday, January 16, 2010

Raspberry and Red Velvet Trifle!






 

I am loving all the beautiful Valentine ideas that I've been seeing on Blogs lately. I can't believe its the middle of January. Where has the time gone? I've been itching to make some fun projects. So here is a recipe that would be perfect for your Sweetheart!


Raspberry Red Velvet Trifle

1 box of Red Velvet Cake(Egg and Oil for cake)
1 pkg. Cream cheese softened
1 cup of Vanilla Yogurt
1 pkg. of Vanilla Pudding
Milk
1/2 cup of Confectioners Sugar
1 small package of raspberries
1 tub of whip topping

1. Bake Red Velvet cake according to package directions. I chose to bake the cake in a rectangular pan. You could also use a muffin pan or round pan depending on what you have on hand. Allow cake to cool for 30 to 40 minutes.

2. Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill.Let set

3. Blend Confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, and yogurt using a hand mixture.

4. Fold cream cheese and yogurt mixture into the vanilla pudding and set aside to chill

5. Once cake is cool, cut cake in square pieces. Line the bottom of your trifle dish with the pieces of cake.

6. Add a layer of the pudding, yogurt, and cream cheese mixture on top of the cake pieces.

7. Add a layer of whip topping. Repeat layers again!

8. Garnish top of trifle with raspberries!

9. Chill for 1 hour!


Enjoy! Have a lovely evening!

Emily

4 comments:

  1. I second the notion that time has flown by. My trifle bowl currently serves as a catch-all for granola bars, but no more! I'm making this recipe ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom recently made Trifle.. it's delicious.


    BTW- my name is linked to my Peace Corps blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! That is beautiful and I bet it tastes amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete